Thursday, February 22, 2007

Vegas Trip.... Final Two Days

The final Two days I'm in Las Vegas I switch two strictly playing Poker Tournaments.

I end up cashing in 3 of the 9 tournaments I play in for the trip and wind up with a slight profit for just the tournaments.

The Treasure Island Poker room dealers are pretty cool people. I'd love to move out there and become "one of them." I have more in common with those guys than I do with most of the people I know here in NC.

Going into the last couple of hours before I have to leave for the airport... I was down almost 400 bucks. I decide to lay down 2 hundo at a BlackJack table and let that be the last of my gambling. The dealer had an amazing personality and was talking with me about random things the whole time. An Asian dude who looked uncannily like Jin from LOST came and sat down next to me and started playing as well. Soon after the Asian guy a young couple sat down.

I was betting mostly 25 bucks a hand, but would occasionaly double down or bet 50 to start with and double down for a 100 total bet. Our table was kicking the dealer's arse. I ended up transforming that 200 into 1000 and decided it was time to quit. The dealer colored up my smaller $25 green chips into 2 $500 purple I had a short stack of 5 dollar chips and 1 dollar chips from where I had hit blackjack on several occasions... I had also been tipping the dealer throughout the session and sometimes making a wager for him, but I thought he was awesome and tipped him all my excess (around 25 bucks.)

I cashed in my chips at the cashier cage, got my bag, and got in an airport-bound Taxi.

The flight back was extremely turbulent for the first 30 minutes, but ended up being fine.

I had an amazing time and can't wait to go back.

No comments: