Wednesday, December 27, 2006

PokerStars: 5 Card Draw

My buddy Rick and I wind up at a 5 card draw table together on PokerStars. I had been playing at that table for around a half hour when I see his avatar pop up. I am already doing fairly well at this table... I am dealt 3 Kings on the original deal and decide to slow play them. I just limp in and hope someone raises...

This is a Pot Limit table...Rick raises the size of the pot and I think for a minute and call. I can't remember how many he discarded, but I was fairly positive I was going to take his money regardless. It was really nice when the 4th King was dealt to me on the draw. I'm known to throw in a bluff every once in a while, otherwise I'd never get my large bets paid off. I was fairly confident that I could get Rick to bet if I checked. He bet and I raised the size of the pot...he thought for a little while and called. He mucked his cards and I never knew what he called me with, but whatever it was... I really appreciated it. He has a bazillion dollars in his account so I only made a small dent.

(Rick got me back though when he sucked out a 9 on the river to give him a boat to my nut flush.)

Poker is all about making the right moves at the right time. Both instances I feel like I made the best play possible against him. Rick is a fairly strong player and we like to bitch to each other about hands we played and lost...as well as hands we played perfectly and won an ass-load on. We didn't have to e-mail or call each other this time though....because I was his victim as he was mine prior.

I have been neglecting World of Warcraft lately and really need to get back to levelling my Night Elf Rogue. Back to nerddom for a little while.

No comments: