Monday, June 11, 2007

Kickball, Tennis, and Improv

I played in a tennis tournament in Greensboro and made it to the consolation finals this past weekend. My first round match lasted 2 hours and 42 minutes.

My first round opponent made a ridiculously bogus call. We were playing on clay courts thus his shot, that landed about 3 inches wide of the singles line, left a mark. I immediately called the ball out and he bitched and whined about it. The guy was probably in his mid to late 40s, thus cataracts and acute glaucoma have already set in...blocking his vision. I didn't want to argue with the bastard so I reversed my call and we resumed play. Let's just say my next few first serves came remarkably closer to him than the service box. I think I handled it rather well.

Immediately after the game was over I went to the tournament director to get a line judge to watch the rest of the match. No more bad calls were made on his part.

I'm kind of glad I ended up losing that first-round "marathon" match. I don't think I could have played another match that day.


On Sunday, I played Kickball for a couple of hours with my DSI bretheren/sisteren (see what I did?) A fun time was had by all...until the ball hit a pole and deflated. I haven't played kickball since elementary school. Man, I want to play again soon!!!


On Saturday night, I captained the Carr-Mill Mallrats during ComedySportz. Noah, Robyn, and I took on the Chapel Hillbillies, comprised of: Joe Jones, Eitan Lees, and Monica Byrne. The show went really well...there were 3 birthday parties there that night. Needless to say, the house was packed. There is this young girl that comes to a lot of CSz shows...I wish I knew her name, but I don't. She's probably between the ages of 8-10, but she always tells me that I'm one of her favorites. The little girl also likes Katie Shutrump and asked me where she was this week. She hugged me and one of her friends was with her and she also hugged me and told me she thought I was funny. This never gets old. :)

Noah did an amazing job as the guesser for 5 Things. There were some pretty fracking difficult suggestions, but that didn't stop Noah from getting 3 of the 5 Things correct.

My body is worn-the-frack out from so much physical activity this past weekend. The WWE Draft is tonight and I am going to go home after work and no absolutely nothing. Relaxation is not something I have been accustomed to lately. Yay, downtime!!!

No comments: