Monday, June 04, 2007

Physical Therapy

For the past couple of weeks I have been seeing a physical therapist for my knee pain.

This is the first time I've ever been to a physical therapist and it is quite an experience.

The heat treatment is pretty bad-ass. My physical therapist hooks up these electrode thingies to each of my knees and then cranks up the machine they are hooked up to. The initial feeling is that of 1-million obese ants running over my knees. After this apparatus is hooked up and running Extremely warm heating pads are placed over my knees. The felling of portly ants parading switches to a feeling as if someone was massaging my knees.

After 10-15 minutes of this treatment I proceed to my workout. The exercises I am instructed to do use muscles that I don't think I have ever used around my upper thighs and around my knees.

After completing my exercises I have an ice treatment applied to my knees for 10-15 minutes.
The ice pads are actually quite pleasant. I really should ice my knees more after playing tennis...according to my doctor.


I really should quit blogging and get back to work... according to myself.

No comments: