Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chessnia

Good Lord...Trivia Night at Tyler's is rough! With no music round this week, I think I was only able to assist with one or two questions. The picture identification round was slightly easier this week, but I would have only been able to get about half of the celebs on my own.

Penny Pinching is going okay thus far. I could be doing better, but this is the first time I've been in a financial bind in several years. I have some cash that I have accumulated from playing tournament BlackJack online stored away. I am going to refer to the cash as being "in an overseas account" so it sounds cool. The funds are indeed held in an account overseas, but it is merely my player account with Golden Palace. I have yet to make a withdrawal from that account so I have to fax them a picture ID and Social Security Card. I have to make time at work today to do that...Fun Fun :(

I read a very intriguing post on the PokerTaverns.com message boards yesterday by Kim Hanisak, one of my friends who used to assist me with running poker tournaments in that league. The post was about respect for tournament directors. I ran tournaments in that league for almost a year and had fun doing so, but there were several occasions where players were less than respectful for no good reason. I volunteered my time because I love poker and I had developed awesome relationships through that channel. When someone wants to be an ass, it is very tough to not walk away then and there. Example: In the Tavern Finals at Goldie's, I was assisting a table with an issue and came back to find that my tablemates had folded my pocket cards. I was gone less than 2 minutes. What a bunch of douchebags. I don't know what was said to Kim, but I know exactly how she feels. Please folks, be nice to Tournament Directors, especially those that are there on a volunteer basis.


PT stepped in a huge puddle...it was funny!


That is all.

TB

No comments: