Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Such a Wicked Game

Sitting at work today listening to my Yahoo Music Jukebox 90s station, Chris Isaak's Wicked Game began to play. Wow, hearing that song induced some weird-ass childhood memories.



I grew up in a with a fairly conservative upbringing. My mother decided that the video for Chris Isaak's Wicked Game was too racy for a young man that'd only lived on this Earth for a total of 12 years. MTV wasn't banned, but If she was in the room and that video came on, she'd switch the station.







I had a TV up in my room on the 2nd floor and I could watch the video all I wanted whilst inside. I had to keep the volume down fairly low so Mom wouldn't hear it, but it was all good. Nah'm Sayin' ?



Once, while sitting in my den and watching the local information channel, during the weather, they played a quick snippet of Wicked Game. Mom rushed in from the kitchen and accused me of switching the channel really quickly when I heard her running. I may not have gotten grounded, but I did receive a firm talking to about how I wasn't supposed to be watching that video at all and my TV priviledges would be taken away if she caught me watching that video ever again.

This also sparked my memories of all the crap I watched late night up in my room with the volume really low. Here's a quick list:


- Real Sex (HBO)
- Dream On (HBO)
- Zalman King's Red Shoe Diaries (Showtime)

1 comment:

Ted Hobgood said...

Ah, Tommy Barbour's personal preteen wanklist.

Hey, that should've been the title for this blog entry: TOMMY BARBOUR'S PERSONAL PRETEEN WANKLIST.

In caps.

Yeahhh....