Monday, August 20, 2007

Superbad and other stuff

I went to see Superbad last night with several members of the DSI contingent. Such a good movie. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie since knocked up. As much as I hate to admit this...I agree with Jeremy Griffin... "Superbad > Knocked Up."

ComedySportz went really well this past weekend. This was the first time I had an opportunity to play Five Things with Joe Stanton. He was phenominal as guesser!

Most people won't find this funny at all but if you've ever seen a ComedySportz show, you just might... Ryan "The Anvil" Blackledge, fresh out of LASIK surgery, asked for the usual suggestion of something "bigger than a breadbox." The audience member said, "Um, a bread factory." Maybe not Comedy Gold, but at least Comedy Silver. It kinda became our theme for the night. Fun Fun!!!

The last time some of the newer cast members played "Da Doo Run" it was apparent that they didn't know how to play the game properly. I ran a quick review of the game in the green room prior to the show and that game ran smoothly during the show.

We played "My Movie" for the second time during a live show. The audience seems to really like the game and I think it will become a permanent part of our games arsenal.


Ummm...I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I got a groaner foul before the show technically started. I know what you're thinking, "No. Tommy never gets groaner fouls. I call shenanigans!" Well, a member of the audience actually had "a favorite piece of legislation from the Taft administration:" Anti-Trust. I began to giggle a bit on stage and Ryan turned and asked if I was okay. I said that "Anti-Trust was a great movie." The audience groaned. HA! Ryan Phillipe was amazing in Anti-Trust!

I am almost through with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It is soooooooo good. I hope it ends well. I should be finished by the time I got to bed tonight...I'm on page 605 now I think. I went homw to read during lunch today... Me = Nerd!

No comments: